Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Passing the Baton....

I was honored today to be given a "Courageous Blogger Award", by Kario at http://the-writing-life.com/.
The award is given for "bloggers who are battling or have battled with physical or mental illness, those who are survivors of abuse, poverty or who have overcome other challenges in life. Those who serve in the military or work/volunteer in dangerous situations in order to provide a service or to help others. This award is for the strong, the brave and the courageous."
While I find it difficult to fit that mold, I am extremely indebited to my fellow bloggers, whether they comment or not. Their presence and their personal stories encourages me to continue writing the truth as I see it.
In turn I am passing this award to The Perpetual Search for Personal Nirvana at http://myownwoman.blogspotcom/.

Her honesty re: her life, career and her family are refreshing, and introspective.

I urge you to visit and spend some time on her blog and also urge her to write more and join our circle.

Suzy

15 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

You DO fit that mold, Suzy, even if YOU can't see it! Take an A!

3:19 PM  
Blogger My Own Woman said...

I am humbled by your opinion. Thank you so much.

6:54 PM  
Blogger kario said...

C'mon, Suze, you rock. Just admit it!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzy, you so fit that mold, you are one of the most courageous people I know!! I hope you come to see it, because you have touched so many people, including me with your strength. Congratulations and I look forward to reading My Own Woman.
Love.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Thanks Suzy!

Always great to read someone new.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Newbie - thank you for the recommendation, I'll pop along and take a peek.
Cheers

1:29 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Bravo Suz!!

1:45 PM  
Blogger sc@vp said...

excellent award for an excellent recipient.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Don't fit the mold? Hell, girl, you MADE the mold.

Your courage lights the way, illuminates the path, sends up sparks for the rest of us to follow.

Thanks for the intro. I'll go read MOW's work as soon as I tell you that I am, as always, proud to call you friend.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Deb Shucka said...

Big congratulations, Suzy! I can't think of anyone who deserves this award more. You inspire me always with your courage and your kick-ass writing.

When's the next post? :)

Off to read MOW.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Ask Me Anything said...

If that is your first award, I'm thinking it'll be the first of many to follow--not to mention the RE-ward of doing such terrific work. You are a wonderful role model.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful honor. Congrats! I am glad I discovered your blog today.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we need to attend to an update perchance!
Cheers

8:19 PM  
Blogger Casdok said...

Congratulations!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger My Own Woman said...

Suzy~

Open your guts and let them pour onto the page. Just one sentence....open the door.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home