Sunday, July 02, 2006

Stick and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

Ok, here’s the story behind my name(s)
Try and stay with me here, it only took about 4 years in therapy
to try and figure this out…..and it still doesn’t make sense.
To begin with, my last name is Pafka- keep the “P” in mind.

My Mother’s maiden name Mary Lavorgna

Mary Lavorgna married Frank Kafka Sr. (Yes, it’s a “K”) from Poland

This happy couple gave birth to the perfect man child

Frank Kafka Jr,

Frank Kafka Sr cheated on wife Mary and caught Syphilis

Mary Kafka was pissed and decided to have her own affair and cheat on Frank Kafka Sr.

Mary Kafka had a one night stand with Stanley Pafka (no typo here- it is Pafka) at the White Tower Restaurant where they were both working.
What the hell was she thinking?

This crazed woman and clueless man gave birth to

Maria Meda Pafka

BUT

Mary didn’t think Maria “looked like a Maria” so she called her Suzy.

Mary realized that she didn’t want this baby girl and probably wouldn’t be
keeping her anyway, so let someone else name her.

Meanwhile, back at the Syphilis ranch,

Frank Kafka Sr dies

Mary Kafka throws out Stanley Pafka and tells him this girl child isn’t really his.

Stanley leaves forever thinking he doesn’t have a daughter.

Mary gives Maria Meda Suzy Pafka to neighbors, friends, or anyone who expresses any kind of interest in this baby.

Frank Kafka Jr, the perfect son, gets to live with his mother.

This is not the end.

6 years later, Mary marries Frank Martino only for convenience. No sex involved.
These words have echoed throughout my childhood.

Mary Martino decides to take Suzy back because, “no one really wants you and the only woman who does is crazy”. Yeh. How am I doing here?

4 Comments:

Blogger Writer said...

Suzy - I am so proud of you for all the writing you are doing. I love this blog. You wrote it like you told it to us...real, bizarre, funny (in a sad way) and honest You are an amazing woman and I am so happy I know you! Keep writing!! :)
Lee

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzy, I don't know you but I have read all your blogs are they are truly gut wrenching. This one seems to embody the "identity crisis" and would be great to use in your profile section. Just a thought.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you so much for your comment and your post.
I hadn't given much thought to the profile section, but now that you mention it, I agree.
Thanks again!
Suzy

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what tangled webs we weave ...

great way to untangle the web!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home